BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday 14 February 2010

YOU ALWAYS SUCCEED AT WHAT YOU VALUE

Interesting and meaningful conversation I found:


“James, I want to be more successful!” a man I’d never met told me over the phone. “Can you help me?”

“Sure,” I said. “Where are you already successful?”

“I’m not! That’s why I need your help!”

“Okay, cool,” I answered. “Now, tell me, where are you already successful?”

“James! You’re not listening to me!” he wailed. “The reason I’m calling you is because I need to be successful and I’m not.”

“Interesting,” I said. “How’s your health right now?’

“Well, I’ve never been more fit in my entire life,” he answered.

“How’s your relationship right now?” I asked.

“My wife and I just celebrated our twenty-year anniversary. She’s the best. Our eldest daughter just got into Brown.”

“So, fit, healthy, and in a loving connected relationship with happy kids?” I asked.

“Yes, and I can see where you’re going with this, James. But my buddy down the street is making ten times more money than I am and I can’t figure out why. He just bought my brand-new dream car, a BMW, and it’s making me nuts!”

“That’s really terrific for him,” I said. “But how’s his health?”

“Um, he had a heart attack last year and nearly died.”

“Interesting,” I said. “How is his relationship?”

“He just went through a nasty divorce. He and his ex are fighting over custody.”

“Interesting. So, who's more successful?” I asked him.

3 comments:

choonhong said...

treasure what we have and that's the way to enjoy the life

Bel said...

interesting~
thx fr sharing yeaC=

Ken Wooi said...

nice.. different people see things different ways =)

kenwooi.com